Gingerbread Chai Black Tea Blend (All Organic): Ginger and spices make everything nice! Enjoy this gingery chai. “Tis the season for baking gingerbread cookies.
Gingerbread Chai Black Tea Blend All Organic Ingredients: Organic chai black tea and organic ginger pieces.
Happy Santa Lucia, y’all!
I nostalgically remember the processional train we formed as children—all cloaked in white with silver sashes—as I led our guests forward. I wore a crown of green garlands with glowing candles and lighted the way through our dark living room. This special celebration of light, known as Santa Lucia Day, lights up Swedish homes and churches on December 13th every year. Celebrated in Scandinavia to commemorate bringing light into a dark world with Christianity, the concept alone is beautiful and moving.
Songs were shared as we baked delicious Lussekatter (saffron buns) and Pepperkakor (ginger snap cookies) and filled the kitchen with yummiest of smells and much warmth. These wonderful St. Lucia treats are best enjoyed with a steaming mug of coffee, chai tea, hot cocoa, or apple cider. And, the perfect complement and ingredient to utilize in your baking (anything with ginger and spices) is our TL! Gingerbread Chai Black Tea Blend!
SWEDISH CHAI PEPPARKAKOR (GINGERSNAP COOKIES)
3 and ¾ cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground cloves
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon ground cardamom
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon ground star anise
1 cup butter
1 cup white sugar
½ cup brown sugar, packed
1 egg, beaten
2 Tablespoons dark corn syrup
1 Tablespoon maple syrup
2 Tablespoons TL! Gingerbread Chai Black Tea (strongly steeped)
- Whisk dry ingredients together in mixing bowl.
- Mix room-temperature butter with the sugars in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy, then add the egg, corn syrup, and maple syrup.
- Stir in dry mixture gradually, until well blended.
- Separate dough into 4 equal portions, wrap each tightly with plastic wrap, and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Lightly butter baking sheets, flour the surface and roll dough out about one-eighth inch thick.
- Cut with Christmas cookie cutters and place cookies about 1 inch apart on baking sheets.
- Bake about 5-10 minutes, remove from oven, place on wire racks and let cool before eating.
Plan a gathering among family, friends, and neighbors to celebrate Santa Lucia Day. Have a processional and try out these recipes!